Effective 12/1/2018 | View Archived Versions
1) Information Collected
For the efficient provision of the products, services and opportunities contemplated hereby and in the related Terms of Service, Trade Hounds may collect, analyze and utilize, for provision of goods and performance of our services from time to time, various information from our customers and other parties relevant to our efforts. This information may include, without limitation, names, physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, product interests, activity interests and other demographic information.
2) Information Use and Retention
While we do not presently do so, we reserve the right to freely utilize and share for marketing, product development and other lawful purposes (possibly for a fee) with actual and potential business partners all information which we collect. Your information may be transmitted across national boundaries. If you desire that we not share any information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can record your preferences. However, it may not be possible for us to continue provision of services absent such sharing. Information shall be retained so long as needed for provision of contemplated services and otherwise as legally required from time to time as determined by Trade Hounds management.
We reserve the right to collect various information through the use of computer “cookies” or data files, which recognize your computer or device when you return to our site or re-use our mobile application. You may instruct your computer or device to refuse these cookies, but this is likely to impair or impede the service we are able to provide you.
4) Third Parties
Upon written request directed to email@example.com, we will disclose by category (and in greater detail, where practicable), the pieces of personal information that we collect about You, the categories of sources from which that information is collected, the business purposes for collecting or selling the information, and the categories of third parties with which the information is shared.
5) Targeted Advertising
We may use the information which you provide and which we derive from it to cause you to receive digital advertising from us and third parties, which is based upon your background and web browsing history.
6) Certain Consents and Right to Object
If you are a California resident, to the extent provided under California law, you may object in writing to Our sale or other sharing of your personal information and we will refrain from doing so, without an economic impact on You, except to the extent, if any, that our inability to make use of Your data impacts the economic value of our business relationship.
As a condition precedent to your use of this website and participation in the activities and opportunities contemplated hereby, by checking the box below, you expressly agree as follows:
- Your information will be shared with third parties.
- Your information may be transmitted across national boundaries to and from the United States and other countries.
- You are aware of your right to object to the contemplated processing of information, and will proceed in accordance with this Policy in order to object.
- You are aware of the collection and further processing of various information about you in order to provide the services and opportunities contemplated hereby.
- If you are a European Union resident, You are aware of your ‘right to be forgotten’ under European Union law, and to thereby cause the erasure of certain personal data pertaining to you.
- You are aware of your right to withdraw this consent at any time.
- You are aware of your right to access, modify and delete data pursuant to notice to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will place ‘cookies’ on your computer or mobile device.
- With your consent below, you also agree that the geo-location data transmitted by your mobile phone or other device equipped with Global Positioning System technology or equivalent may be used by us to send to You targeted advertising or other communications.
7) Risk of Security Breaches
While we believe and intend that our information security practices reflect good practice, there is no such thing as perfect information security. As such, users assume the risk of security breaches and all consequences resulting from them. In furtherance of the foregoing, users must safeguard their credentials. We assume no liability for any unauthorized access by a third party to any information or database maintained by or for us or with respect to the services which we provide.
8) Linked Sites
Our website and application do contain links to other websites. We have no control over their operation and/or the accuracy of any statements made on them and assume no responsibility with respect to them or their legal compliance.
9) Children Not Authorized
We do not knowingly collect information about persons under 18 and/or their internet usage, and such persons are not authorized to use our website or application.
10) California Residents and Do Not Track Disclosures
California residents may request a list of all third parties with respect to which Trade Hounds has disclosed any information about you. If you are a California resident and want such a list or desire that we not maintain or utilize a record of your internet usage or path to our site, please send us a written request by e-mail to email@example.com or US mail to 294 Washington Street, Suite M18, Boston, MA 02108; please include “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject line of your e-mail or on the envelope or post card and in the body of your request. Please include your name and full contact information. We will use our best efforts to accommodate. We do not necessarily take any specific technical measures to respond to ‘Do Not Track’ settings in your internet browser.
We reserve the right to amend this policy at any time in our sole discretion and to the extent required for compliance with applicable law and interpretation from time to time, and any such amendments shall apply to information already collected and to be collected.
12) Dispute Resolution and Choice of Law
Except as otherwise required by law, any disputes regarding this Policy shall be resolved through arbitration in accordance with Massachusetts law in Boston, MA.
If you desire that we stop e-mail communication with you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
14) Business Acquisition
If our business is acquired in whole or part by another company, then personal information maintained by us may be disclosed to them, but that disclosure will be subject to this policy.