Automotive Mechanic 48 views
Minimum Trade Level:
Consigli Construction Co., Inc.
Interested in an outstanding opportunity to become part of a team with a stellar reputation as a community engaged Employer of Choice? Consigli Construction Co., Inc. (Consigli) is a fourth generation, family-owned company, and they are hiring!
Ranked as one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Globe and Boston Business Journal consecutive years running, our culture draws raw talent from college intern to seasoned veteran with substantial years of experience in their field. We credit empowerment, innovation and “thinking great” for our continual growth and success. Most importantly we are thankful for our employees and proud to have one of the most exciting project portfolios in the business.
Reports to: Yard Manager
This role is responsible for maintaining equipment operation by completing inspections and preventive maintenance requirements, correcting vehicle deficiencies, and making adjustments and alignments. This role will be expected to track the maintenance history of all vehicles and equipment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Diagnoses, rebuilds, and repairs vehicles and equipment; identifies worn and damaged parts.
- Performs inspections and preventive maintenance of vehicles and equipment.
- Travel to jobsites in order to correct vehicle deficiencies.
- Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Complies with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
- Prepares and maintains records and reports.
- Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
- Other duties as assigned per supervisor and construction division.
- Organized and detail oriented; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Strong team player with a positive attitude.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
This position is not responsible for oversight or performance management of any employees
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Standard work hours are Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 3:30 pm.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, with occasional out of state travel.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One to two years related experience and/or training.
Working Conditions and Physical
- A valid Driver’s license is required.
- This role requires the ability to work outdoors and in all weather conditions, along with the ability to navigate and work in a garage.
- This role requires the ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Certification from the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) preferred.
An Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Consigli provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.